Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In Hot Water

I must first start by apologizing to the beauty editor at Bust Magazine. She very professionally emailed me this morning, letting me know that she did, in fact respond to my Joan Jett soap query. She even forwarded the email to me. She suggested that it might have gotten sent to my spam box. I checked the folder and lo and behold, THERE WAS HER EMAIL! Along with MANY OTHER important emails that I had been waiting for. Of course, I now feel like a total ass. She didn't get pissed, although I am sure she was (I know I would be). Instead, she was kind and even offered to get in touch with me through Etsy, if her response got bounced again.

Emily A. has since taken me off of the advertising email list. I am guessing that she has a few choice words about me.

You gotta realize, though, that between the Craftacular snubs and solicitations for ads with seemingly no response to my query, I was a little miffed.

Huge props to Bust for finding this blog and responding to my post so quickly. I have no idea how they found it (I always think I am complaining to a handful of friends who read this blog).

2 Comments:

Blogger bless_cyborgs said...

You can make the blog private, and then send invites to all your friends so that way you are literally talking to friends only.

I wouldn't be so quick to apologize to them though.

They do have their faults, even if you did forget you had a spam box.

January 27, 2010 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I am guessing that some places have "spyware" that is designed to find web pages using key words and that might be how Bust found this. My personal blog readers have always just been my friends and I never even thought to make my blog private (the average person could care less about my soapy adventures and feminist rants). I think I might do the privacy thing soon.

January 28, 2010 at 5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home