Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Here's what I don't get:

Those abandoned cars you see on the sides of the highway. I'm not talking about the ones that appear as if their owners are probably on foot looking for the nearest gas station. No, no. I'm referring to those with multiple orange tickets stuck to them. Even one sticker suggests that the car has been there for a while. What gives? People just say, "Eh, fuck it," I guess. How can you sever ties with your car so abruptly?

I was going to make soap tonight, but I am too exhausted. My morning commute was complicated by a Mack truck at the tolls (from 495 to I90) that, because of its inability to allow me to cross over, forced me to take the wrong on-ramp to the Mass Pike, thus causing me to drive 22 miles on the wrong side of the highway. I was an hour late for work. ONE HOUR LATE. Mercifully, my client was running late, too. I didn't miss our conference call. Did I mention the torrential downpours? The fact that I was nearly out of gas? I almost became one of the people I described up there.

My day just slid off the cutting board after that. Ugh. I am glad to be home, but my Joan Jett soap will have to wait until tomorrow.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

What about those cars that get towed to your street? As soon as you see it dropped off, you know it ain't movin' for a loooong time.

November 25, 2008 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I have totally taken the wrong Mass Pike on-ramp too and it SUCKS!

So I think the owners of those abandoned cars are also the owners of those random shoes you find scattered along the highway. How do you freakin lose a shoe?

November 26, 2008 at 3:34 AM  
Blogger bless_cyborgs said...

Do you think maybe the car was stolen to begin with? Or perhaps purchased illegally?

Sounds like a shit day with a lot of mini-freak out potential. Hope you ended up with tea in one hand and dessert in the other.

November 29, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home