Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Determination

These 2 big snow storms have resulted in major pain-in-the-ass Somerville driving and parking. Hurray! It's winter in the 02145! I accept these things, especially after my car was "face busted" back in 2000. I parked in a spot that someone else had shoveled out several days after a storm. No chair, no cone, no indicator whatsoever that it was another driver's "property." The interesting thing was that I was due to get to Logan to board a plane when I discovered that my tires had been deflated and my antennae twisted up like a pretzel. The lucky person responsible for the damage had to stare at their handiwork for a week or so. Anyway, that's not the point. I was going to complain about bike riders. The psycho ones who somehow feel that it is necessary to whip around town during or right after a storm. In the blinding, wet, difficult-to-navigate-around streets of the city. I am all for helping the environment and good old fashioned exercise, but I swear I almost took a guy out yesterday morning because I could barely see him coming at me beyond a big pile of snow ( he was moving at quite a clip).

So, my mom is in the hospital. I've been back and forth several times since she was admitted last Thursday. She fractured a bone in her neck and since she's been there, the doctors have ordered many tests. Her bone scan shows several "hot spots" which could be anything from an infection to arthritis to cancer. We won't know until the testing is complete. I'm leaning toward arthritis right now because her blood work (and urine) is immaculate and if she had cancer, she would likely be anemic. She has preexisting conditions that point to arthritis. Also, this is the only thing that allows me to sleep at night. I am just hoping they will release her in time for Christmas.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

Hope your mum is home for christmas, too, 02145.

December 18, 2007 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks :)

December 18, 2007 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger DJDiva said...

the parking and driving has been a nightmare! I'm crossing my fingers we get less snow in January. I hope your mom will be ok and home soon.

December 21, 2007 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thank you! After her surgery, we should be on the road to recovery!

December 22, 2007 at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home