Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Cocktails



I am a big fan of lounge music. Christmas Cocktails is my favorite holiday collection, apart from A Very Special Christmas (who can resist Christmas In Hollis by Run DMC?). The sound of a lounge organ is irresistible to me. And I didn't even grow up on that stuff. I think it gets me nostalgic for a time I wish I had known. Speaking of that time, Jere and I were waltzing around our favorite antique store not long ago when we came across these nutty old board games. One of them was called, Strip Tac Toe. You can only imagine. The illustration on the front depicted a woman with a brassiere and a pencil skirt sitting on the floor next to the game, fireplace quietly roaring in the background. To her side sat a gentleman with silver fox hair and a smoking jacket or blazer (fully clothed, naturally). This game was hilarious. There was another, too, but I forget the name of it. We opened them both up and read the cards and whatnot. I guess these games were very popular during those crazy days of swinging. My boss recently told me that he and his wife suspected that their old neighbors were swingers. Multiple bedrooms, sauna in the basement. Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah, I love lounge music.

Still no word on Santana. You know, I'm kind of happy about that, too. Trade rumors are fun and all, but not when they involve Jacoby Ellsbury.

To all of my Jewish friends, Happy Hanukkah!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

mazel! and i am on my seat about ellsbury! please theo give us gals a groovy good holiday present and keep the cutie!

December 8, 2007 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger DJDiva said...

OHH this is one of my favorite holiday cds too!!!

December 10, 2007 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home